How to make an Apple Crumble recipe
Judes kindly sent me vouchers to try out their two new custards. One was Madagascan Vanilla flavoured and the other Belgian chocolate. I thought about what could be nice to try with either custard flavoured recipes. So the only thing sprung to mind, which was simple, was baking an apple crumble pie and possibly using brownies for the chocolate custard.
However, I will be showcasing the apple crumble in this blog. Like myself and my Mrs decided to create the apple crumble dessert from scratch. You can have a look at the outcome of our creation below. I have to include having this dessert with the hot custard provided tasted so good.
Here you can follow the method and ingredients on what you will need to make this delicious dessert.
For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Lemon zest half a lemon
For the apples:
- Between 4-6 apples, any variety whether peeled, cured or chopped into wedges
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat to 350 degrees F
2. Peel and slice the apples into cubes.
3. Place the apples in a pan and toss in with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Simmer on a medium low heat for about between 5 to 10mins minutes until the apples soften slightly.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice for the topping. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently add in the cold butter until bread crumb texture is formed.
5. Now pour the apples into a baking dish, and spread it out into an even layer.
6. Pour the milk over the apples.
7. Finally, top the apples evenly with the crumble mixture and bake until the apples are bubbly and the topping is golden brown for about 45-50 minutes.
8. Rotate the container once halfway through cooking.
9. Serve warm with custard and enjoy.
Overall, the final production was pleasing as the crumble was worth the wait as we indulged in it after having our dinner. Also, shared with the rest of the family as we had almost eaten all of it that was left. This did take 45mins to make, as we were following a recipe through YouTube. Then we had to wait another 45mins for it to bake in the oven.
Thanks for reading my post. If you like these kinds of recipes, you can have a look at my Instagram page and other posts on my blog here for more inspiration. I hope you enjoyed this apple crumble recipe post and if you would like to see more creation let me know in the comments.
Hope everyone is staying safe and sound during the pandemic, hopefully we can get through this soon enough.
Feel free to share this post with your friends/families and if you have a go at making this dessert. Tag me in your socials so I can see all your creative creations too.