Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
Literally, it felt like it had just started a week ago and now we’re already into our last days of Ramadan before Eid comes, a day everyone looks forward to spending time with all their friends & families in celebration.
Ramadan is 1 part of 5 pillars of Islam, during this month that goes on for 29/30 days upon moon sightings. Fasting without any food or drinks throughout the day starting from sunrise early morning till dawn. Every part of our bodies must be restrained. The tongue must be restrained from backbiting and gossip.
The eyes must restrain themselves from looking at unlawful things. It is time to practice self-restraint. It’s time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one’s self on the worship of God and charity to humanity. You try to get rid of any bad habits prior to Ramadan. It is essential to break your fast when time with dates, fruits, and water.
Therefore, fasting is not merely physical but is rather the total commitment of the person’s body and soul to the spirit of the fast. Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one’s self on the worship of God and charity to humanity.
For Suhoor, we wake up very early in morning hours to have breakfast. Roughly 2:35am to make us last the day till sunset at the moment around 9:23pm. Ideal breakfasts to consume enough energy are bread high in fibre or yogurt/fruits, so what I usually have for Suhoor are cereal, fruits, yogurt and tea, which is enough to make me last the day.
However, during Ramadan, it seems like I found a hidden talent of mine, where I have been making plenty of various refreshing mocktails to break our fasts and bake. As you can see from below made these mojitos.
Strawberry Mojito Ingredients
-1 or 2 Lemon wedges
–Buxton Natural Sparkling Mineral Water, 8 x 500ml
- First, crush those strawberries together in a cup and then mix it lemon wedges
- Use sparkling water or 7up depending what you prefer then to finish off the drink
- Add some mint leaves and ice-cube to have that extra taste or flavour to your drink. There you go. Simples
Raspberry Mojito Ingredients
-1 Slice of Lemon Wedge
– Ice cubes
- Same with Raspberries, you crush pieces of raspberries together in a cup and then mix it 1 lemon wedge
- Add some sparkling water or 7up, otherwise a choice of your own drinks
- To add to this mojito use few mint leaves and ice-cubes to have that extra flavour on your drink. If you really want to do the show you can always dip some berries for creativity.
As I had some time off work, I managed to bake some homemade brownies for the family as well, after seeing recipes online. Very simple to make with the use of just 3 ingredients being used for this addictive snack.
Chocolate Homemade Brownies
-Chocolate spread (Nutella)
-Self Raising Flour
- Mix 2 Eggs, Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, 1kg and McDougall’s Self Raising Flour, 500g together until it’s smooth
- Lay it out on a tray, spread it across then you’re pretty much ready to go
- Leave it in the oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Take it out and cut those brownies into small little pieces, with that you can then share it with your friends and family since they would be enough to share around.
Now moving on swiftly to making these delicious yummy homemade ‘Oreo Cheesecake’ with my sister recently whilst fasting. This took much longer to make due to not being as simple as ‘Brownies’ were since we had more ingredients to deal with to make this correct. Although the outcome of it was a really good majority of us loved it.
-1 Packet of Oreo Original Sandwich Biscuit, 154g
-2 small packs of Oreo’s for decoration
-2 tbsp melted butter
-250g soft cheese
-250ml whipped cream
-2tbsp Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar 3 kg
- In a food processor blitz 1 pack of Oreos. It should turn into crumbs, in a bowl mix it with the melted butter.
- Get a loose bottom cake tin and cover it with greased paper.
- Pour the crumbs into the tin and now push the crumbs down with your hand so it is firm. Put this in the fridge to set.
- Blitz the rest of the Oreos and keep aside.
- Now whip the whipping cream first. It shouldn’t be too firm. In another bowl whip the soft cheese with the icing sugar for only a min or two.
- Now with a wooden spoon or a plastic spatula add the whipped cream with the soft cheese and mix slowly.
- Add Oreo crumbs and again mix slowly. Take the base out of the fridge and pour the mixture on top, making sure it’s evenly spread out.
- Take the back of the knife and smooth out the top of the cheesecake. Now decorate with the small Oreo.
- Place it back in the fridge for at least 4 hours. You can freeze if you want and defrost in fridge for when you want to eat it.
Thank you all for your previous likes on my blogs, do leave your comments and feedback much appreciated.
If you have any good recipes in mind, which you would like me to blog about on here. Leave your comments down below and I will try my best to make it so you can have a look.